A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Merrimack Warriors (18-10, 12-3 NEC) when they welcome the Sacred Heart Pioneers (16-11, 9-5 NEC) to Hammel Court. The game starts at 5 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Merrimack Warriors ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Warriors fell to the Bryant Bulldogs, 61-52, while the Pioneers were victorious over the LIU Sharks, 80-72.
Sacred Heart played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 34.1) and a free throw rate of 0.246 (below their season average of 0.251). For those same stats, LIU was 15.4 and 0.108, respectively. Merrimack, meanwhile, forced Bryant into a turnover percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 17.6). Juvaris Hayes fueled Merrimack with 11 points, five assists and five steals. Sacred Heart received a boost from E.J. Anosike, who recorded 26 points and 22 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Hayes led the Warriors to a 65-57 win. He produced 17 points, eight steals and seven rebounds. The Warriors’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Pioneers. Merrimack had a rate of 12.2, while Sacred Heart posted a mark of 23.4.
Getting to the line could be scarce for Merrimack in this matchup. The Warriors rank 338th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.171, while Sacred Heart ranks 19th in FTA rate allowed (0.160). Ball security could be troublesome for the Pioneers. They rank 259th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the Warriors force the fourth-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 26.9 percent).
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Merrimack Warriors Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Under
- Sacred Heart ranks 10th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Merrimack ranks 289th (29.0).
- The Warriors rank 138th in assists allowed per game (12.7) while the Pioneers rank 227th (14.6).
- Sacred Heart blocks 4.0 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 57th in the nation. Merrimack ranks 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Warriors rank fourth in steals per game (10.0) while the Pioneers rank 214th (5.1).
- Merrimack ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (15.7) while Sacred Heart ranks 126th (21.1).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).