The Sacred Heart Pioneers (2-4) head to Massachusetts-Lowell to play the River Hawks (4-1) in what should be a fast-paced game. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks ATS Preview
The Pioneers lost big to the Northwestern Wildcats in their last contest, 81-50. With 13 points on 5-for-11 shooting, Joseph Lopez led Sacred Heart in scoring. Northwesterns 13.1 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Sacred Heart, who had a mark of 31.0. The Wildcats mark was better than their season average of 17.4, while the Pioneers was above their season average of 19.8.
In the River Hawks last game, they beat the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 83-75. Jahad Thomas was a key piece for Massachusetts-Lowell with 17 points and 14 rebounds. Massachusetts-Lowell dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 26.5) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (below their season average of 0.352). Loyola Maryland was 28.2 and 0.271, respectively, for those same stats.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that features two of the nations more up-and-down teams. Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 30th in possessions per game (73.5) and Sacred Heart is 57th (72.5) dating back to last season.
The Pioneers won the lone game against the River Hawks last season, 91-82. Sacred Heart was effective at getting and making free throws. The Pioneers made 23 of their 27 free throws (85.2 percent), while the River Hawks were 14-16 (87.5 percent).
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pioneers rank 111th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the River Hawks rank 266th (15.0).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 162nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Sacred Heart ranks 240th (19.1).
- Sacred Heart ranks 61st in rebounds per game (38.1) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 242nd (34.5).
- The Pioneers rank 108th in steals per game (6.6) while the River Hawks rank 278th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Sacred Heart ranks 198th (3.8).