The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (14-16, 9-8 NEC) and Sacred Heart Pioneers (10-20, 5-12 NEC) will go head-to-head at Steinberg Wellness Center to bring the regular season to a conclusion. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Betting Preview
In the Pioneers last outing, they defeated the Bryant Bulldogs, 94-84. Sean Hoehn was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 10-for-16 shooting. The Pioneers had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.703 (above their season average of 0.480) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 27.0).
The Blackbirds come in on a high note after topping the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers in their last outing, 81-76. Raiquan Clark played a pivotal role for LIU Brooklyn with 18 points and 14 rebounds. The Blackbirds had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.511 (above their season average of 0.259) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.521).
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this contest. LIU Brooklyn prefers to play up-tempo (46th in possessions per game), while Sacred Heart likes to grind-it-out (207th in possessions per game).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Pioneers, it’s been Kinnon LaRose, who has averaged 14.4 points and 5.4 rebounds, while the Blackbirds have received great contributions from Clark (14.4 points and 8.0 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. The Blackbirds won 69-60. LIU Brooklyn had a much better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 22.2). Sacred Heart, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.7 vs. 21.1). Joel Hernandez was the games leading scorer with 30 points.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – LIU Brooklyn, ATS Winner – LIU Brooklyn, O/U – Under
- The Blackbirds rank 187th in steals per game (5.5) while the Pioneers rank 231st (4.9).
- Sacred Heart ranks 14th in rebounds per game (39.8) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 197th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- The Blackbirds rank 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while the Pioneers rank 242nd (19.2).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Sacred Heart ranks 111th (3.4).
- The Blackbirds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (7.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (5.2 above their season average).