The Sacred Heart Pioneers (9-20, 4-12 NEC) will travel to Chace Athletic Center to meet the Bryant Bulldogs (3-26, 2-14 NEC) in their home finale. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Sacred Heart Pioneers at Bryant Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Pioneers’ last outing, they were beaten by the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 74-69. Sacred Heart’s Mario Matasovic contributed 16 points and 11 rebounds in the game. Mount St. Mary’s had a much better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 19.7). Sacred Heart, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 32.2).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 89-56 loss to the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last matchup. Adam Grant led Bryant in scoring with 16 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Saint Francis U had a turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 14.9). Bryant, meanwhile, held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below the 34.5 mark opponents have averaged against Bryant this season).
Second-chance points might be rare for Bryant in this matchup. The Bulldogs are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 269th in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.1 percent. Meanwhile, Sacred Heart ranks ninth in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 77.4 percent.
Kinnon LaRose has really been playing well over the last five games for Sacred Heart, averaging 10.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bulldogs won 79-74. Bryant’s 0.217 free throw rate was their largest strength over Sacred Heart, who had a mark of 0.169. Grant scored a game-high 26 points.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Bryant Bulldogs Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bryant, ATS Winner – Bryant, O/U – Over
- The Pioneers rank 211th in blocks per game (2.3) while the Bulldogs rank 237th (1.4).
- Sacred Heart ranks 16th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Bryant ranks 295th in rebounds allowed per game (40.1).
- The Pioneers rank 62nd in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Bulldogs rank 257th (16.2).
- Bryant ranks 79th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Sacred Heart ranks 243rd (19.1).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 13.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.4 below their season average).