The Sacred Heart Pioneers (8-11, 4-2 NEC) and the Robert Morris Colonials (10-9, 5-1 NEC) face off at UPMC Events Center. The Pioneers look to snap a five-game road losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Robert Morris Colonials Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Colonials beat the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils 70-59, while the Pioneers easily got past the Wagner Seahawks 62-38.
Sacred Heart played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.525) and a free throw rate of 0.319 (above their season average of 0.267). For those same stats, Wagner was 0.221 and 0.180, respectively. Robert Morris, meanwhile, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 19.0) and a free throw rate of 0.360 (above their season average of 0.225). For those same stats, Central Connecticut State was 24.4 and 0.277, respectively. Robert Morris received a boost from Malik Petteway, who put up 11 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, E.J. Anosike played a key role for Sacred Heart with 19 points and eight rebounds.
The Colonials dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last game, Robert Morris won 64-56. The Colonials’ 15.9 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Pioneers, who had a mark of 21.7. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the fast-breaking Pioneers (ranked 28th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Colonials (240th in possessions per game).
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Robert Morris Colonials Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Under
- Robert Morris ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Sacred Heart ranks 254th (26.3).
- The Colonials average 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 88th in the country. The Pioneers rank 215th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Robert Morris ranks 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Sacred Heart ranks 97th (3.4).
- The Pioneers rank 25th in rebounds per game (39.9) while the Colonials rank 237th (32.7).
- Robert Morris ranks 35th in steals per game (8.1) while Sacred Heart ranks 174th (5.2).
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 1.3 for the season.