The Bryant Bulldogs (14-14, 6-9 NEC) close out their home schedule at Chace Athletic Center against the Sacred Heart Pioneers (16-12, 9-6 NEC). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Sacred Heart Pioneers vs. Bryant Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bulldogs beat the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers, 82-74, while the Pioneers were beaten by the Merrimack Warriors, 64-57.
The Bulldogs had a solid free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.202) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 29.6). Sacred Heart, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 34.4). Bryant’s Michael Green III had a good outing, finishing with 23 points, six assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Jare’l Spellman fueled Sacred Heart with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, E.J. Anosike led the Pioneers to a 74-65 victory. He recorded a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. The Pioneers’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulldogs. Sacred Heart had a rate of 10.5, while Bryant posted a mark of 16.2.
Bryant could have trouble getting to the free throw line in this matchup. The Bulldogs currently rank 264th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.204, while Sacred Heart ranks 19th in FTA rate allowed (0.160).
Sacred Heart vs. Bryant ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Under
- Sacred Heart averages 40.7 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the country. Bryant ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Pioneers rank 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.3).
- Bryant ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.4) while Sacred Heart ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 98th in steals per game (6.8) while the Pioneers rank 226th (5.0).
- Bryant averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. Sacred Heart ranks 231st in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 2.2 for the season.