The Sacramento State Hornets (13-11, 6-9 BigSky) will be at Reese Court to clash against the Eastern Washington Eagles (17-8, 10-4 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. The game begins at 9:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Sacramento State Hornets vs. Eastern Washington Eagles ATS Odds
In their last game, the Eagles were victorious over the Portland State Vikings, 89-81, while the Hornets lost a close one to the Northern Colorado Bears, 68-65.
Eastern Washington dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 52.9 (above their season average of 26.8) and a free throw rate of 0.356 (above their season average of 0.204). For those same stats, Portland State put up marks of 24.2 and 0.298, respectively. Sacramento State, on the other hand, held Northern Colorado to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.3 (below their season average of 26.6). Eastern Washington was lifted by Mason Peatling, who finished with 22 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Joshua Patton fueled Sacramento State with 14 points.
In their first matchup this year, Jacob Davison led the Eagles to a 59-54 win. He scored a game-high 23 points. Eastern Washington did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-15; 93.3 percent). Sacramento State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.9 vs. 17.2).
This game should be a showdown of conflicting styles. Eastern Washington has preferred to play up-tempo (ninth in possessions per game), while Sacramento State has been more half-court-oriented (348th in possessions per game).
Sacramento State Hornets at Eastern Washington Eagles Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Washington, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Over
- Eastern Washington ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Sacramento State ranks 300th (15.2).
- The Hornets rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Eagles rank 204th (7.7).
- Sacramento State averages 4.0 blocks per game, which is ranked 58th in the nation. Eastern Washington ranks 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Hornets rank 12th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while the Eagles rank 240th (14.8).
- Sacramento State ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Eastern Washington ranks 250th (37.8).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average).
- The Hornets have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Sacramento State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.9 points.