The San Francisco Dons (1-1) will be at home in War Memorial Gymnasium when they go head-to-head against the Sacramento State Hornets (1-1). San Francisco is a 13-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144 points. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Sacramento State Hornets vs. San Francisco Dons Betting Preview
The Hornets had no trouble getting past the Notre Dame de Namur Argonauts in their last contest, 74-53. With 16 points, five rebounds and five assists, Justin Strings had a good game for Sacramento State. Sacramento State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 and a free throw rate of 0.283. For those same stats, Notre Dame de Namur put up marks of 20.6 and 0.196, respectively.
In the Dons last game, they beat the Saint Francis U Red Flash, 75-63. With 21 points on 5-for-10 shooting, Souley Boum was the games high scorer. The Dons had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.570 vs. 0.427) and had a better free throw rate (0.175 vs. 0.161).
San Francisco appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Dons rank 58th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while Sacramento State is 196th in effective field goal percentage (0.505).
The Hornets have had records of 14-19 straight up (SU) and 16-13 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Sacramento State games have had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (55.2 percent).
On the other hand, the Dons, have records of 21-13 SU and 15-15 ATS since last season. Over that same period, games involving San Francisco have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (56.7 percent).
The Dons won the lone game against the Hornets last season, 77-59. The Dons dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.651 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4. The Hornets recorded marks of 0.440 and 19.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Sacramento State Hornets at San Francisco Dons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Francisco, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hornets average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. The Dons rank 212th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- San Francisco averages 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 146th in the nation. Sacramento State ranks 155th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- San Francisco ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Sacramento State ranks 310th (16.4).
- The Dons rank 31st in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Hornets rank 212th (14.0).
- San Francisco ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.7) while Sacramento State ranks 273rd (4.7).