It will be a showdown between two tremendous defenses when the Northern Colorado Bears (10-5, 3-1 BigSky) meet the Sacramento State Hornets (10-4, 3-2 BigSky) at Bank of Colorado Arena. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Sacramento State Hornets at Northern Colorado Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bears won a close one over the Weber State Wildcats 65-64, while the Hornets were victorious over the Weber State Wildcats 71-57.
Sacramento State played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 32.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.455). For those same stats, Weber State was 33.3 and 0.412, respectively. Northern Colorado, on the other hand, out-rebounded Weber State. The Bears had 14 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds, while the Wildcats had four and 32, respectively. Northern Colorado’s Jonah Radebaugh had a good game, contributing 19 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Sacramento State was led by Joshua Patton, who finished with 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Bears dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last contest, Northern Colorado won 65-59. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Northern Colorado’s largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while Sacramento State went 16 times. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the productive offense of Northern Colorado takes on the elite defense of Sacramento State. The Bears rank 36th in offensive efficiency, while the Hornets are fifth in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Hornets, who rank 56th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent), will battle against the Bears, who rank sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.9 percent).
Sacramento State vs. Northern Colorado ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Over
- Northern Colorado ranks 26th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Sacramento State ranks 289th (13.9).
- The Bears lead the country with 7.3 assists allowed per game while the Hornets are 14th with 9.3 assists allowed per game.
- Northern Colorado ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Sacramento State ranks 30th (5.3).
- The Hornets rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bears rank 67th (3.1).
- Sacramento State is 35th in the nation with 31.5 rebounds allowed per game while Northern Colorado is 49th with 32.3 rebounds allowed per game.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 8.9 for the season.