The San Antonio Spurs (8-14) will be at home in the AT&T Center when they meet the Sacramento Kings (8-12). Action begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 6, 2019, and can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
The Spurs barely escaped the Houston Rockets in their last game, 135-133, despite being 7-point underdogs. The Kings, meanwhile, were topped by the Portland Trail Blazers, 127-116, and were not able to cover as 5.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The San Antonio game finished 34.5 points over the projected point total of 233.5, while the Sacramento game went 26.5 points over the projected point total of 216.5.
San Antonio’s 0.533 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Houston, who had a rate of 0.442. The Spurs’ mark was above their season average of 0.516, while the Rockets’ was below their season average of 0.539. Sacramento, on the other hand, held Portland to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.2 (below their season average of 21.9). San Antonio received a boost from DeMar DeRozan, who put up 23 points, nine assists and five rebounds. Richaun Holmes played a key role for Sacramento with 28 points and 10 rebounds.
The Kings dominated this series last year, taking all three contests. In the last matchup, Sacramento won 113-106. Sacramento was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Kings made 24 of their 28 free throws (85.7 percent), while the Spurs were 10-14 (71.4 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Oddsmakers tend to set the total high when the Kings are playing, as 13 of their 20 games have finished under the total. Although Sacramento has trouble winning games straight up (8-12 SU), they are 12-8 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Spurs’ 22 games, 12 have finished over the total. Moreover, San Antonio owns records of 8-14 SU and 5-16-1 ATS.
Sacramento Kings at San Antonio Spurs ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank seventh in blocks per game (5.7) while the Kings rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Sacramento ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while San Antonio ranks 20th (13.9).
- The Spurs rank 12th in rebounds per game (45.8) while the Kings rank 28th (41.9).
- Sacramento ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (23.4) while San Antonio ranks 27th (26.0).
- San Antonio ranks 22nd in points in the paint per game (45.4) while Sacramento ranks 29th (41.4).
- The Kings rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (34.6) while the Spurs rank 29th (25.9).
- The Spurs rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.9) while the Kings rank 12th (16.9).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Sacramento ranks 25th (8.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, San Antonio is 1-0 and Sacramento is 4-2.
- The Kings are 8-6 when they score over 100 points, while the Spurs are 8-11.
- San Antonio is 3-9 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 7-4 ATS on the road.
- The Kings have 8 unders and 3 overs in 11 road games.
- The Spurs have 6 overs, 5 unders and 1 push in 12 home games.
- In their last five games, Sacramento and San Antonio have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 109.0 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 117.8 points per game (1.8 above their season average).