The Sacramento Kings (4-11) can end an eight-game road losing streak when they clash with the Portland Trail Blazers (8-7) at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 199 points with Portland opening as a 12-point favorite. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Portland Trail Blazers ATS Preview
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 168 points, well under the projected point total of 206. The Kings won 86-82, covering as 2-point favorites. The Kings dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.447. For those same stats, the Trail Blazers were 16.2 and 0.414, respectively. In the loss, Lillard led all scorers with 29 points.
Portland could have their way on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the NBA. The Trail Blazers rank second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.485), while Sacramento is 30th in effective field goal percentage (0.471). Furthermore, put-back points could be tough to come by for the Kings. They rank 21st in the league in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.9 percent, while the Trail Blazers are fourth-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 81.0 percent).
Of Sacramentos 14 games with betting action, seven have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Portlands 14 games have finished under the O/U total. The Trail Blazers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-7 SU and 5-7-2 ATS, while the Kings are 4-11 SU and 4-9-1 ATS.
Sacramento Kings at Portland Trail Blazers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.1) while the Kings rank 27th (14.3).
- Portland ranks 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.2) while Sacramento ranks last (13.7).
- Sacramento ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Portland ranks 23rd (6.1).
- Sacramento is 1-7-1 ATS on the road, while Portland is 3-6-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Trail Blazers 10 home games, while 4 of the Kings 9 road games have gone over.
- Portland is 6-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while Sacramento is 3-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Kings are 1-3 and the Trail Blazers are 6-3.
- The Kings rank 21st in fast break points per game (8.6) while the Trail Blazers rank last (4.1).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.1) while Sacramento ranks 29th (39.8).
- The Trail Blazers rank first in assists allowed per game (17.1) while the Kings rank 26th (24.4).
- The Trail Blazers rank 23rd in points in the paint per game (40.1) while the Kings rank 25th (39.5).
- Portland ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.5) while Sacramento ranks 26th (32.7).
- Portland is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 5.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 91.6 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).