The Portland Trail Blazers (34-26) will be at home in Moda Center at the Rose Quarter when they square off with the Sacramento Kings (18-42). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 210.5 points with Portland set as an 11.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Portland Trail Blazers Odds Preview
In the Kings’ last contest, they lost big to the Minnesota Timberwolves, 118-100. Skal Labissiere had a solid game for Sacramento, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Minnesota was successful at getting and making free throws. The Timberwolves made 33 of their 36 free throws (91.7 percent), while the Kings were 12-13 (92.3 percent).
The Trail Blazers hope to keep it rolling after barely hanging on to beat the Phoenix Suns in their last game, 106-104. Portland rallied around Damian Lillard, who was the game’s high scorer with 40 points on 13-for-27 shooting. Portland played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.1 (better than their season average of 12.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 22.6). Phoenix was 11.9 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Portland figures to have a significant advantage. The Trail Blazers defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.504), while the Sacramento offense is ranked 25th in effective field goal percentage (0.506).
Of Sacramento’s 59 games with betting action, 32 have finished over the projected point total, while 34 of Portland’s 60 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Trail Blazers have a clear advantage. They are 34-26 SU and 29-25-6 ATS, while the Kings are 18-42 SU and 26-30-3 ATS.
Lillard has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Portland, averaging 35.0 points, 5.2 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
These two teams have met three times already this year, with the Trail Blazers leading the series two games to one. In the most recent contest, Lillard scored a game-high 50 points and the Trail Blazers beat the Kings 118-100, covering as 5-point favorites. He also recorded six assists. The two teams combined for 218 points, which was 11.5 points above the projected point total of 206.5 points. The Trail Blazers played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.574 and a free throw rate of 0.193. For those same stats, the Kings were 0.472 and 0.167, respectively.
Sacramento Kings vs. Portland Trail Blazers Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank ninth in steals per game (8.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (6.9).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while Sacramento ranks seventh (42.5).
- Portland ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (4.0).
- Sacramento is 15-14-3 ATS on the road, while Portland is 12-13-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 15 of the Trail Blazers’ 28 home games, while 16 of the Kings’ 32 road games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 11-4 and Portland is 18-5.
- The Trail Blazers are 29-13 when they score more than 100 points, while the Kings are 13-17.
- The Kings rank 23rd in fast break points per game (9.8) while the Trail Blazers rank last (7.3).
- Portland ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while Sacramento ranks 29th (31.8).
- The Trail Blazers rank seventh in rebounds per game (44.9) while the Kings rank 28th (40.4).
- The Kings rank 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (14.8).
- Portland ranks third in assists allowed per game (20.3) while Sacramento ranks 23rd (24.2).
- Portland is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (2.9 above their season average).