The Oklahoma City Thunder (39-29) will be at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they challenge the Sacramento Kings (21-46). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, March 12, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Preview
The Kings were blown out by the Denver Nuggets in their last matchup, 130-104. Sacramento’s Kosta Koufos put together a good performance, putting up 14 points and 10 rebounds. Denver held the Kings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.0 (below their season average of 21.7). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 2.8 (better than their season average of 12.6).
In the Thunder’s last game, they topped the San Antonio Spurs, 104-94. Oklahoma City rallied around Russell Westbrook, who notched his 18th triple-double this year. He dominated, collecting 21 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. Oklahoma City played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.186 (below their season average of 0.188) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.5 (below their season average of 28.1). San Antonio was 0.047 and 13.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Oklahoma City in this battle. The Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 percent), while Sacramento ranks 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.7 percent).
Of Sacramento’s 66 games with betting action, 35 have finished over the O/U total, while 37 of Oklahoma City’s 68 games have finished under the O/U total. The Thunder hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (39-29 vs. 21-46), but the Kings have been superior against the spread (ATS) (30-33-3 vs. 27-40-1).
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Thunder winning two of them. In the most recent game, the Kings lost 110-107 but covered as 8-point underdogs. Zach Randolph led both teams with 29 points and also recorded 12 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 217 points, which was just 2 points above the projected point total of 215 points. Oklahoma City did a great job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.4 vs. 10.2).
Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Prediction
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.8) while the Kings rank 23rd (10.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (4.0).
- Oklahoma City averages 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Sacramento ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (31.8).
- Sacramento is 15-15-3 ATS on the road with 17 overs, 15 unders and 1 push.
- Oklahoma City is 14-19-1 ATS at home with 19 unders and 15 overs.
- Oklahoma City is 20-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Sacramento is 13-5.
- The Thunder are 35-15 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 15-19.
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Kings rank 19th (11.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.1) while Sacramento ranks 28th (40.5).
- The Thunder rank first in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while the Kings rank 24th (15.4).
- The Kings are 26th in the NBA with 21.3 assists per game while the Thunder are 29th with 21.1 assists per game.
- Oklahoma City averages 8.9 steals per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Oklahoma City is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average).