Expect a fast-paced game when the Sacramento Kings (19-16), 1.5-point favorites, travel to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers (20-16). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 231.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers ATS Odds
The Lakers failed to cover as 7-point underdogs in their 118-107 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers in their last outing. Kyle Kuzma led Los Angeles in scoring with 24 points on 9-for-21 shooting. The Clippers had a better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 14.2). The Lakers, on the other hand, held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 22.7). The two teams collectively scored 225 points, which was under the projected point total of 229.
The last time the Kings played it was against the Lakers. The two teams combined to put up 233 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 229.5. The Kings won 117-116, but were unable to cover as 4.5-point favorites. For the season, both teams have won one game. Sacramento out-rebounded Los Angeles. The Kings had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. nine) and total rebounds (48 vs. 46). In the loss, Lonzo Ball recorded a double-double with 20 points and 12 assists.
Oddsmakers have a tendency to set the total low when the Kings are involved, as 24 of their 35 games have ended over the projected point total. Sacramento comes into the contest with records of 19-16 straight up (SU) and 21-14 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Sacramento, games including the Lakers have typically finished under the total (61.1 percent). Additionally, Los Angeles owns records of 20-16 SU and 15-20-1 ATS.
De’Aaron Fox has taken his game to another level as of late for Sacramento, averaging 16 points,8.0 assists,2.2 steals over the last five games.
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that showcases two of the league’s more up-tempo teams. Los Angeles currently ranks third in possessions per game (105.8) and Sacramento is second (105.8).
Sacramento Kings at Los Angeles Lakers Odds Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Lakers average 24.38888888888889 assists per game, which ranks 15 in the league. The Kings rank 24 in assists allowed per game (25.228571428571428).
- Los Angeles averages 55.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (53.5).
- The Lakers rank ninth in rebounds per game (46.3) while the Kings rank last in rebounds allowed per game (48.6).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.8) while Sacramento ranks 22nd (4.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 15 in three pointers attempted per game (30.944444444444443) while Sacramento ranks 24 in three pointers allowed per game (33.34285714285714).
- The Lakers average 20.2 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Kings rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (15.2).
- The Kings average 8.228571428571428 steals per game, which ranks 10 in the NBA. The Lakers rank 19 in steals allowed per game (8.166666666666666).
- Los Angeles averages 12.722222222222221 second chance points per game, which ranks 21 in the league. Sacramento ranks 24 in second chance points allowed per game (14.542857142857143).
- Sacramento ranks second in points off turnovers per game (20.9) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Los Angeles is 6-0 and Sacramento is 5-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Lakers are 19-14 and the Kings are 18-14.
- Los Angeles is 7-10-1 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 10-8 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Kings’ 18 road games, while 13 of the Lakers’ 18 home games have gone under.
- The Lakers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 4 unders and 1 over, while Sacramento has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Lakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 114.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 118.2 points per game (1.5 above their season average).