The Sacramento Kings (7-15) and the Milwaukee Bucks (11-9), who both like to play patient, will battle at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee opened as an 11.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 197 points. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
In the Kings last contest, they edged the Chicago Bulls, 107-106. Zach Randolph was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 12-for-19 shooting. Sacramento played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.129 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 20.9). Chicago recorded marks of 0.100 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bucks will look to maintain momentum after defeating the Portland Trail Blazers in their last game, 103-91. Milwaukee received a boost from Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 20 points, nine rebounds and five assists. The Bucks forced 19 turnovers and held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.458 (below the 0.528 mark opponents have averaged against Milwaukee this season).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams square off. Milwaukee ranks 27th in possessions per game (97.1) and Sacramento is 28th (97.0).
Of Sacramento’s 21 games with betting action, 10 have finished over the projected point total, while 10 of Milwaukee’s 20 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-9 SU and 9-9-2 ATS, while the Kings are 7-15 SU and 8-11-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Kings, it’s been Randolph, who has averaged 14.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals, while the Bucks have gotten great contributions from Eric Bledsoe (17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 2.8 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 199 points, just over the projected point total of 196.5. The Bucks won 112-87, covering as 6-point favorites. The Bucks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.655 and a turnover percentage of 12.4. For those same stats, the Kings put up marks of 0.435 and 15.1, respectively. Antetokounmpo scored a game-high 32 points.
Sacramento Kings at Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank ninth in assists allowed per game (21.6) while the Kings rank 25th (24.6).
- Sacramento ranks 20th in second chance points per game (10.9) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (8.0).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.5) while Sacramento ranks 13th (10.7).
- Sacramento ranks 28th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.5).
- Sacramento is 2-7-2 ATS on the road with 5 overs, 5 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Milwaukee is 3-5-1 ATS with 6 unders and 3 overs.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and Sacramento is 3-2.
- The Bucks are 8-3 when they reach 100 points, while the Kings are 4-3.
- The Bucks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.5) while the Kings rank 13th (43.3).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while Sacramento ranks 24th (15.3).
- The Bucks rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (26.7) while the Kings rank 25th (31.6).
- The Bucks lead the league with 3.7 blocks allowed per game while the Kings are third with 4.1 blocks allowed per game.
- Milwaukee ranks third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Sacramento ranks 19th (8.4).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (7.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average).