The Sacramento Kings (7-16) look to put an end to the 12-game winning streak of Cleveland when they head to Quicken Loans Arena to clash with the Cavaliers (17-7). Cleveland opened as a 13-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Sacramento Kings at Cleveland Cavaliers Free Preview
The Kings fell to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game, 109-104. With 22 points on 10-for-15 shooting, Zach Randolph was Sacramento’s leading scorer. Milwaukee did a fantastic job of making free throws (35-42; 83.3 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (above their season average of 0.488).
In the Cavaliers last matchup, they blew out the Chicago Bulls, 113-91. Cleveland rallied around Kevin Love, who was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Cleveland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 13.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.599 (above their season average of 0.551). For those same stats, Chicago put up marks of 10.9 and 0.470, respectively.
Cleveland could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the leagues worst defenses. The Cavaliers rank third in offensive efficiency, while Sacramento ranks 30th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Kings rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.155), while the Cavaliers rank fifth in opponents FTA rate (0.176).
Of Sacramento’s 23 games, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of Cleveland’s 24 games have finished over the projected point total. The Cavaliers have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (17-7 vs. 7-16), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Cleveland is 9-14-1, while Sacramento is 9-11-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Kings, it’s been Randolph, who has averaged 17.0 points, 7.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists, while the Cavaliers have received great contributions from Dwyane Wade (15.4 points, 3.6 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Kings won the last game 116-112. The Kings turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Cavaliers. Sacramento had a rate of 9.5, while Cleveland posted a mark of 15.7.
Sacramento Kings at Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Cavaliers rank 19th in rebounds per game (42.5) while the Kings rank 28th (39.1).
- Cleveland is second in the NBA with 4.1 blocks allowed per game while Sacramento is fourth with 4.2 blocks allowed per game.
- Sacramento is 3-7-3 ATS on the road with 7 overs, 5 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Cleveland is 1-10-1 ATS with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 7-0 and Sacramento is 3-2.
- The Kings are 4-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 17-5.
- The Kings average 41.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks 19th in the league. The Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.2) while Sacramento ranks 29th (20.9).
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in assists per game (22.7) while the Kings rank 27th (20.3).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.7) while Cleveland ranks 11th (16.7).
- Cleveland is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Sacramento is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cavaliers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 3.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 100.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).