A nine-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Toronto Raptors (35-13), who will be 11-point favorites when they go head-to-head with the Sacramento Kings (24-23) at Scotiabank Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 228.5 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Sacramento Kings vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
The last time the Raptors took the court, they had no trouble getting past the Memphis Grizzlies, 119-90, easily covering as 10.5-point favorites. The Kings, meanwhile, were blown out by the Brooklyn Nets, 123-94, and were unable to cover as 1-point underdogs. The Toronto game finished 5 points under the projected point total of 214, while the Sacramento game went 5.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5.
Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 11.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.536). Memphis recorded marks of 21.5 and 0.481, respectively, for those same stats. Sacramento, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 13.7). Danny Green played a key role for Toronto with 24 points and seven rebounds. Bogdan Bogdanovic, meanwhile had a solid performance for Sacramento, recording 22 points, 11 assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kawhi Leonard led the Raptors to a 114-105 win. He recorded a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds. The two teams combined for 219 points, which was under the projected point total of 232.5, and Toronto covered as an 8.5-point favorite. Toronto won the rebounding battle. The Raptors had 13 offensive rebounds and 53 total rebounds, while the Kings had six and 31, respectively.
Kings games have a tendency to go over the total (58.7 percent). Sacramento comes into the contest with records of 24-23 straight up (SU) and 27-19 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Sacramento, games including the Raptors also have a tendency to go over the projected point total (58.3 percent). Toronto is 35-13 SU, but they have difficulty covering the spread (21-26-1 ATS).
The sharp-shooting offense of Toronto (fifth in the NBA with an effective field goal percentage 0.537) will clash against the porous defense of Sacramento (25th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.533). The Raptors should have the edge on that end of the court.
Kings at Raptors Betting Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
- The Kings average 20.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the league. The Raptors rank 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7).
- Toronto ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (29.7) while Sacramento ranks 28th (34.0).
- The Kings average 21.3 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the league. The Raptors rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- Toronto ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9) while Sacramento ranks 29th (48.5).
- Toronto ranks eighth in steals per game (8.7) while Sacramento ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Raptors average 50.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Kings rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.6).
- The Raptors rank sixth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Kings rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Sacramento averages 25.8 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Toronto ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- Toronto averages 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (14.7).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Toronto is 9-1 and Sacramento is 7-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Kings are 23-19 and the Raptors are 32-10.
- Sacramento is 11-11 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 11-13 ATS at home.
- Of the Kings’ 22 road games, they have 16 overs and 6 unders.
- The Raptors have 14 overs and 10 unders in 24 home games.
- The Kings are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Sacramento has 5 unders, while Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 120.0 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).