The Sacramento Kings (24-33) will travel to Chesapeake Energy Arena to challenge the Oklahoma City Thunder (36-22). The Thunder opened as 6-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 223 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Odds
In the Kings’ last outing, they easily got past the Golden State Warriors, 112-94, easily covering as 8.5-point favorites. The Thunder, meanwhile, topped the Chicago Bulls,124-122, but failed to cover as 11-point favorites. The Sacramento game finished 17.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5, while the Oklahoma City game went 28.5 points over the projected point total of 217.5.
The Kings forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.529). The Thunder, on the other hand, made 26 of their 35 free throws (74.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.645 (above their season average of 0.534). Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was a key piece for Oklahoma City with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Sacramento was lifted by De’Aaron Fox, who finished with 21 points and five assists.
The Thunder evened the season series at one with a 120-100 blowout victory in their most recent game. Dennis Schroder was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points. One of Oklahoma City’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 17-20 (85.0 percent), while the Kings were just 7-11 (63.6 percent). The two teams combined for 220 points, which was just over the projected point total of 219.5, and Oklahoma City covered as a 2.5-point favorite.
Kings games have gone over the total 52.6 percent of the time. Sacramento comes into the game with records of 24-33 straight up (SU) and 29-28 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Sacramento, games including the Thunder have a slight tendency to finish under the total (51.7 percent). Further, Oklahoma City owns records of 36-22 SU and 37-20-1 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Oklahoma City currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (100.7) and Sacramento is 22nd (100.9). Furthermore, the Kings rank 28th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.174), while the Thunder rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.164).
Kings at Thunder Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- Sacramento ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (34.8) while Oklahoma City ranks 27th (29.5).
- The Thunder rank fifth in assists allowed per game (22.8) while the Kings rank 17th (24.5).
- Sacramento ranks 19th in fast break points per game (12.6) while Oklahoma City ranks last (9.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Sacramento ranks sixth (4.4).
- The Thunder rank second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Kings rank 17th (7.8).
- The Thunder rank 22nd in rebounds per game (43.2) while the Kings rank 29th (42.1).
- Sacramento ranks 17th in second chance points per game (12.8) while Oklahoma City ranks last (10.7).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 10-2 and Oklahoma City is 7-3.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Thunder are 35-14 and the Kings are 22-26.
- Oklahoma City is 16-14-1 ATS at home, while Sacramento is 18-12 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 16 of the Thunder’s 31 home games, while 16 of the Kings’ 30 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Sacramento and Oklahoma City are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Kings have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Thunder have 4 overs and 1 under
- The Kings have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Sacramento has lost by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 119.4 points per game (8.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).