The New York Knicks (1-5) will be 1-point favorites at home in Madison Square Garden when they challenge the Sacramento Kings (1-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217.5 points and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
Sacramento Kings at New York Knicks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Kings (4-point underdogs) covered in a 102-101 victory over the Utah Jazz. The Knicks fell to the Boston Celtics, 104-102, but did cover as 9-point underdogs. The Sacramento game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5, while the New York game went 6 points under the projected point total of 212.
The Kings, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5, had a mark of 26.8 and had a better turnover percentage (14.9 vs. 16.7). New York, meanwhile, held Boston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.9 (below their season average of 22.4). Marcus Morris put together a good game for New York with 29 points and nine rebounds. Sacramento, meanwhile, received a boost from De’Aaron Fox, who put up 25 points and five rebounds.
The Kings dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last matchup, Sacramento won 102-94. The Kings’ 6.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Knicks, who had a rate of 8.0.
Kings games have typically gone under the total (66.7 percent). Sacramento holds records of 1-5 straight up (SU) and 1-5 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Sacramento, Knicks games also have a tendency to go under the total (83.3 percent). Although New York has a hard time winning games outright (1-5 SU), they have a phenomenal record ATS (4-2).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of New York. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, New York ranks 20th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while the gambling defense of Sacramento has forced the fifth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.6 percent).
Kings at Knicks Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Knicks rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (32.6) while the Kings rank 29th (34.5).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.3) while New York ranks 26th (15.0).
- The Kings rank 12th in assists per game (25.0) while the Knicks rank last (20.0).
- New York ranks 11th in second chance points per game (13.6) while Sacramento ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.2).
- New York ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (4.4).
- The Kings rank first in fast break points per game (20.3) while the Knicks rank 23rd (11.1).
- The Kings rank 15th in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Knicks rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (47.4).
- Sacramento ranks 10th in steals per game (8.2) while New York ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Sacramento ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (51.2) while New York ranks 26th (43.8).
- Sacramento is 10-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while New York is 5-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Knicks are 17-40 and the Kings are 38-40.