The Memphis Grizzlies (28-30) will be at home in FedExForum when they go head-to-head with the Sacramento Kings (24-34). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Grizzlies (12-point underdogs) were defeated by the Houston Rockets, 140-112, while the Kings (8.5-point favorites) fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 112-108. The Memphis game went 15 points over the projected point total of 237, while the Sacramento game finished 3.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Sacramento had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 21.6) while Memphis had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 22.3). Memphis’ Jonas Valanciunas played well, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds. Nemanja Bjelica, meanwhile was a key piece for Sacramento with 18 points and nine rebounds.
In the season series between these two teams, the Kings lead two games to one. The two teams combined to put up 254 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 230.5. Sacramento won 129-125, covering as a 1-point favorite. The Kings’ 9.2 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Grizzlies, who had a mark of 16.1. Despite the loss, De’Anthony Melton was a standout player in the game, putting up 24 points and six rebounds.
Kings games have finished over the projected point total 52.6 percent of the time. Sacramento holds records of 24-34 straight up (SU) and 29-28 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Grizzlies have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Memphis is 28-30 SU and 30-27-1 ATS.
It will be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Grizzlies (ranked seventh in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Kings (22nd in possessions per game).
Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Grizzlies average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Kings rank 16th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Memphis ranks first in points in the paint per game (56.9) while Sacramento ranks 24th (45.7).
- The Grizzlies rank first in assists per game (27.1) while the Kings rank 21st (23.4).
- Sacramento ranks eighth in points off turnovers (17.4 per game) while Memphis ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed (18.6 per game).
- Sacramento averages 34.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Memphis ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (34.6).
- The Grizzlies rank eighth in rebounds per game (46.0) while the Kings rank 29th (42.2).
- The Kings rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (12.0) while the Grizzlies rank 24th (14.7).
- Sacramento ranks sixth in second chance points allowed per game (12.1) while Memphis ranks 26th (14.0).
- When allowing below 100 points, Memphis is 4-0 and Sacramento is 10-2.
- The Kings are 22-27 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 27-23.
- Sacramento is 18-12 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 17-12 ATS at home.
- The Kings have 16 overs and 14 unders in 30 road games.
- The Grizzlies have 15 unders and 14 overs in 29 home games.
- The Kings are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Sacramento has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Memphis has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 114.4 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 2.6 for the season.