The Sacramento Kings (1-7), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Little Caesars Arena to square off against the Detroit Pistons (6-3). Detroit is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 197 points. Action gets underway at at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 4, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Sacramento Kings at Detroit Pistons Odds Preview
In the Kings’ last matchup, they lost big to the Boston Celtics, 113-86. With 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Buddy Hield led Sacramento in scoring. Boston had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 22.7). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 15.0).
The Pistons will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Milwaukee Bucks, 105-96, in their last outing. Detroit was lifted by Andre Drummond, who led the team in scoring with 24 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Detroit dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.134) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below their season average of 25.1). For those same stats, Milwaukee recorded marks of 0.096 and 17.9, respectively.
Detroit figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this contest. The Pistons rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 percent), while Sacramento ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent) since the 2016-17 season. Also, the Kings rank 21st in turnover percentage (14.4 percent), while the Pistons rank first in opponents’ turnover percentage (13.0 percent).
Sacramento games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while 44.4 percent of games featuring Detroit have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pistons have a clear advantage. They are 6-3 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Kings are 1-7 SU and 2-6 ATS.
The Kings won both meetings against the Pistons last season. In the last matchup, the Kings won 100-94. The Kings played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.315 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, the Pistons had marks of 0.122 and 19.5, respectively.
Sacramento Kings vs. Detroit Pistons Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pistons rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Kings rank 25th (23.6).
- Detroit ranks 25th in rebounds per game (45.3) while Sacramento ranks 28th (41.0).
- Detroit ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.1) while Sacramento ranks 17th (12.6).
- Sacramento ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.9) while Detroit ranks seventh (41.5).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 16-5 and Detroit is 28-12.
- The Kings are 25-24 when they reach 100 points, while the Pistons are 38-15.
- The Kings average 22.2 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Pistons rank 21st in assists allowed per game (23.5).
- Detroit ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while Sacramento ranks 27th (14.3).
- The Pistons average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. The Kings rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Neither of these teams are great at blocking the ball. The Kings are 27th in the league with 3.9 blocks per game while the Pistons are 29th with 3.7 blocks per game.
- Detroit ranks second in points off turnovers per game (15.2) while Sacramento ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).