The Boston Celtics (5-2) look to extend their five-game winning streak against the faltering Sacramento Kings (1-6) at TD Garden. Boston opened as a 12.5-point favorite while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 198 points. Action gets underway at at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Sacramento Kings vs. Boston Celtics Odds Preview
The Kings were blown out by the Indiana Pacers, 101-83, in their last outing. With 18 points on 9-for-18 shooting, De’Aaron Fox was the games high scorer. Indiana’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Sacramento. The Pacers had a rate of 0.200 (below their season average of 0.221), while the Kings posted a mark of 0.080 (below their season average of 0.157).
The Celtics come in on a high note after defeating the San Antonio Spurs, 108-94, in their last outing. Boston’s Al Horford fueled Boston with 14 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Boston dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.9 (above their season average of 20.7) and a free throw rate of 0.148 (matching their season average). For those same stats, San Antonio was 23.5 and 0.115, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Boston will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Sacramento. Dating back to last season, the Celtics rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Kings are 27th in defensive efficiency. The Celtics figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Games involving Sacramento have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while Boston games have finished under 71.4 percent of the time. The Celtics come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-2 SU and 6-1 ATS, while the Kings are 1-6 SU and 2-4 ATS.
Each team won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Celtics won the most recent matchup 97-92. Boston had a better effective field goal percentage (0.472 vs. 0.409). Sacramento, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (20-25; 80.0 percent).
Sacramento Kings vs. Boston Celtics Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Kings rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.6) while the Celtics rank 25th (13.8).
- Boston ranks 22nd in blocks per game (4.2) while Sacramento ranks 27th (3.9).
- Boston ranks 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Sacramento ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Boston is 31-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Sacramento is 16-5.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Celtics are 58-23 and the Kings are 25-24.
- The Celtics average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Kings rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Boston averages 33.3 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the league. Sacramento ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (30.3).
- The Celtics average 25.3 assists per game, which ranks second in the league. The Kings rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- The Celtics rank 27th in rebounds per game (41.6) while the Kings rank 28th (41.2).
- Boston ranks eighth in fast break points allowed per game (11.9) while Sacramento ranks 27th (14.3).