The Sacramento Kings (2-6) will travel to State Farm Arena to meet the Atlanta Hawks (3-4). The Kings opened as 1.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218.5 points and it will air on NBC Sports – California at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Sacramento Kings vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Hawks (1-point underdogs) were defeated by the Chicago Bulls, 113-93, while the Kings (8-point underdogs) fell to the Toronto Raptors, 124-120. The Atlanta game finished 15 points under the projected point total of 221, while the Sacramento game went 25 points over the projected point total of 219.
Sacramento held Toronto to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.1 (below their season average of 17.9) while Atlanta did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (27-35; 77.1 percent). Jabari Parker had a solid game for Atlanta with 18 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Harrison Barnes had a good outing for Sacramento, recording 26 points.
The Kings dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, Sacramento won 135-113. Sacramento’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Kings had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. 9), defensive rebounds (38 vs. 27) and total rebounds (53 vs. 36).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Kings are involved, as five of their eight games have finished under the total. Sacramento comes into the game with records of 2-6 straight up (SU) and 3-5 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Hawks also have a tendency to go under the projected point total (100.0 percent). Further, Atlanta owns records of 3-4 SU and 4-3 ATS.
This could end up being an error-filled game for the offense of Atlanta. Since the 2018-19 season, Atlanta ranks 30th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Sacramento has forced the fifth-most turnovers in the league (14.6 percent).
Kings at Hawks Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Kings rank 12th in assists per game (25.0) while the Hawks rank 29th in assists allowed per game (26.4).
- Sacramento ranks first in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Atlanta ranks 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.9).
- The Kings rank ninth in steals per game (8.2) while the Hawks rank last in steals allowed per game (9.9).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (51.2) while Sacramento ranks 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.1).
- Sacramento ranks 10th in second chance points per game (13.7) while Atlanta ranks 27th in second chance points allowed per game (14.5).
- The Kings average 20.1 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Hawks rank 27th in fast break points allowed per game (16.0).
- The Hawks average 46.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Kings rank last in rebounds allowed per game (47.4).
- Atlanta ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.1) while Sacramento ranks 25th (4.5).
- Atlanta averages 36.6 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (34.4).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Atlanta is 4-2 and Sacramento is 11-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Kings are 39-41 and the Hawks are 31-44.