It will be a contest between two exceptional defenses when the Wisconsin Badgers (16-10, 9-6 Big 10) challenge the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (18-9, 9-7 Big 10) at Kohl Center. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Badgers beat the Purdue Boilermakers, 69-65, while the Scarlet Knights were beaten by the Michigan Wolverines, 60-52.
The Badgers made 19 of their 20 free throws (95.0 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.445). Rutgers, on the other hand, held Michigan to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 26.6). Wisconsin was lifted by Aleem Ford, who contributed 19 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Geo Baker was a key piece for Rutgers with 16 points.
In their first matchup this season, Baker led the Scarlet Knights to a 72-65 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. Rutgers had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 10.3). Wisconsin, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.229 vs. 0.143).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams clash. Wisconsin currently ranks 342nd in possessions per game (63.7) and Rutgers is 260th (67.5). Moreover, the Scarlet Knights, who rank 284th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.196), will battle against the Badgers, who rank 33rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.175).
Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Wisconsin Badgers ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Rutgers, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Under
- Wisconsin ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Rutgers ranks 263rd (18.0).
- The Badgers rank 60th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Scarlet Knights rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 12th in rebounds per game (40.4) while the Badgers rank 212th (34.1).
- Rutgers ranks 127th in steals per game (6.5) while Wisconsin ranks 243rd (4.7).
- During their last five games, the Badgers have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Scarlet Knights have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Rutgers has defeated opponents by an average of 8.2 points.