The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (18-10, 9-8 Big 10) travel to Bryce Jordan Center to square off against the 16th-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions (20-7, 10-6 Big 10). The Scarlet Knights can end a six-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Nittany Lions fell to the Indiana Hoosiers, 68-60, while the Scarlet Knights were defeated by the Wisconsin Badgers, 79-71.
Rutgers held Wisconsin to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.0) while Penn State held Indiana to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 33.2). Penn State’s Lamar Stevens played well, finishing with 29 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Ron Harper Jr. fueled Rutgers with 21 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Harper Jr. led the Scarlet Knights to a 72-61 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. One of Rutgers’ biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Penn State had just 13.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the nation’s top defenses clash. Penn State currently ranks 51st in defensive efficiency (94.6) and Rutgers is 21st (92.4).
Rutgers at Penn State Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Penn State, O/U – Under
- Rutgers ranks 17th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Penn State ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Nittany Lions rank 44th in steals per game (7.9) while the Scarlet Knights rank 117th (6.6).
- Penn State ranks 65th in assists per game (14.4) while Rutgers ranks 94th in assists allowed per game (11.9).
- The Nittany Lions rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Scarlet Knights rank 275th (17.9).
- Penn State averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 17th in the country. Rutgers ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Nittany Lions’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Scarlet Knights have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average).