The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (8-6, 1-3 Big 10) will be at Williams Arena to square off against the Minnesota Golden Gophers (12-3, 2-2 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. The game begins at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Minnesota Golden Gophers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Golden Gophers fell to the Maryland Terrapins, 82-67, while the Scarlet Knights edged the 16th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, 64-61.
The Scarlet Knights made 15 of their 20 free throws (75.0 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 15.8). Minnesota, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 16.2). Daniel Oturu played well for Minnesota, finishing with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Rutgers, meanwhile, received a boost from Montez Mathis, who contributed 16 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Scarlet Knights won the most recent matchup 65-54. Rutgers out-rebounded Minnesota. The Scarlet Knights had 15 offensive rebounds and 49 total rebounds, while the Golden Gophers had five and 28, respectively. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
A focal point for the Minnesota offense is getting to the free throw line. The Golden Gophers rank 14th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.311), but Rutgers is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 20th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.168).
Rutgers vs. Minnesota Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Minnesota, ATS Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Under
- Rutgers averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. Minnesota ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- The Golden Gophers are 42nd in the NCAA with 11.1 assists allowed per game while the Scarlet Knights are 57th with 11.6 assists allowed per game.
- The Scarlet Knights rank 136th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Golden Gophers rank 255th (17.3).
- Minnesota ranks 38th in rebounds per game (39.7) while Rutgers ranks 125th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- The Scarlet Knights’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Gophers have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average).