The Robert Morris Colonials (14-11, 10-2 NEC) and the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers (10-14, 6-5 NEC) face off at Knott Arena. The Colonials look to prolong their five-game winning streak. The game can be seen on ESPN 3 at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Robert Morris Colonials at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Mountaineers lost a tough one against the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers, 70-67, while the Colonials edged the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 61-58.
The Colonials forced 17 turnovers and held the Pioneers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.504). Mount St. Mary’s, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent). Damian Chong Qui had a good game for Mount St. Mary’s with 20 points and seven assists. Robert Morris was led by AJ Bramah, who put up 14 points.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Mountaineers won 76-62. Getting to the free throw line was one of Mount St. Mary’s’ largest strengths. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Robert Morris had 20. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Mount St. Mary’s ranks 332nd in possessions per game (65.3) and Robert Morris is 264th (67.6).
Robert Morris Colonials at Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Under
- Robert Morris ranks 13th in assists per game (16.4) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 245th (10.7).
- The Mountaineers average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 115th in the country. The Colonials rank 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Robert Morris ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Mount St. Mary’s ranks 117th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- The Mountaineers rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Colonials rank 96th (6.2).
- Mount St. Mary’s ranks 110th in blocks per game (3.3) while Robert Morris ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (4.8 above their season average).
- The Colonials’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 1.9 for the season.