The Robert Morris Colonials (0-1) visit Grand Canyon to take on the Antelopes (1-0) in a game that has the potential to be low-scoring. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Preview
The Colonials were blown out by the Ohio State Buckeyes in their last matchup, 95-64. Robert Morris’ Koby Thomas had a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Ohio State won the rebounding battle. The Buckeyes had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (35 vs. 13) and total rebounds (51 vs. 22).
In the Antelopes’ last game, they defeated the Florida A&M Rattlers, 67-51. Grand Canyon rallied around Fiifi Aidoo, who was the team’s leading scorer with 11 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Grand Canyon played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 and a turnover percentage of 20.5. For those same stats, Florida A&M put up marks of 25.0 and 28.5, respectively.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this meeting between a pair of the nation’s best defenses. Since last season, Grand Canyon ranks 15th in defensive efficiency (95.0) and Robert Morris is 56th (98.2). Ball security could be troublesome for the Colonials. They rank 327th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the Antelopes have forced the 35th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 21.5 percent).
Robert Morris Colonials at Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Antelopes rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while the Colonials rank 230th (4.1).
- Robert Morris ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while Grand Canyon ranks 110th (20.2).
- Grand Canyon ranks 75th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Robert Morris ranks 265th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- The Colonials average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 22nd in the nation. The Antelopes rank 201st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Grand Canyon ranks 157th in assists per game (13.6) while Robert Morris ranks 296th (10.6).