The Saint Francis U Red Flash (17-11, 11-6 NEC) and Robert Morris Colonials (15-15, 9-8 NEC) will square off at DeGol Arena to bring the regular season to a close. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Saint Francis U Red Flash Free Preview
In the Colonials last matchup, they were blown out by the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers, 72-53. With 16 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Dachon Burke led Robert Morris in scoring. Mount St. Mary’s did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (9-12; 75.0 percent). Robert Morris, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.3 vs. 28.6).
The Red Flash will look to keep it rolling after beating the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights in their last matchup, 90-82. With 27 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Keith Braxton was the top scorer from either team. Saint Francis U played a nearly flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 26.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.537). Fairleigh Dickinson recorded marks of 20.6 and 0.517, respectively, for those same stats.
Ball security could play a significant role in this meeting. Saint Francis U commits the 41st-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Robert Morris forces the 11th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.4 percent).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Colonials, it’s been Burke, who has averaged 25.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.4 steals, while the Red Flash have received great contributions from Braxton (17.4 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.2 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The Red Flash won 89-80. The Red Flash dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.313 and a turnover percentage of 12.7. The Colonials were 0.169 and 18.0, respectively, for those same stats. Jamaal King was the games leading scorer with 27 points.
Robert Morris Colonials vs. Saint Francis U Red Flash Free Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Robert Morris, ATS Winner – Robert Morris, O/U – Over
- The Colonials rank 116th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Red Flash rank 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Robert Morris ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Saint Francis U ranks 213th (23.6).
- The Colonials rank 88th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while the Red Flash rank 248th (15.8).
- Saint Francis U ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Robert Morris ranks 131st (6.5).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonials have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average).