The Robert Morris Colonials (2-7) visit Beeghly Physical Education Center to meet the Youngstown State Penguins (4-4). The Colonials look to end a six-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Robert Morris Colonials at Youngstown State Penguins Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Penguins fell to the Central Michigan Chippewas, 88-72, while the Colonials were defeated by the Cleveland State Vikings, 70-59.
Robert Morris held Cleveland State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (below their season average of 26.8) while Youngstown State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.530). Michael Akuchie had a solid performance for Youngstown State, finishing with 14 points and five rebounds. Robert Morris, meanwhile, received a boost from Josh Williams, who finished with 17 points and six rebounds.
The Colonials won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 76-56. Robert Morris’ free throw rate was their largest advantage over Youngstown State. The Colonials had a rate of 0.298, while the Penguins posted a mark of 0.088.
It will be a battle of opposite paces as the up-and-down Penguins will look to push the more half-court-oriented Colonials. Since the 2018-19 season, the Penguins rank 87th in possessions per game while the Colonials are 214th.
Robert Morris vs. Youngstown State Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Youngstown State, ATS Winner – Youngstown State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Youngstown State ranks 40th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Robert Morris ranks 240th (33.9).
- The Penguins rank 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Colonials rank 235th (2.4).
- Youngstown State averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. Robert Morris ranks 194th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Colonials average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 95th in the NCAA. The Penguins rank 230th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Robert Morris ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Youngstown State ranks 170th (22.3).