The UC Irvine Anteaters (2-3) and the Rider Broncs (3-1) square off in the Las Vegas Invite at Orleans Arena. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Rider Broncs vs. UC Irvine Anteaters Free Preview
In the Broncs last contest, they barely escaped the George Washington Colonials, 67-65. Frederick Scott led Rider in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Riders 9.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over George Washington, who had a mark of 14.4. The Broncs mark was better than their season average of 11.5.
The Anteaters are hoping for a better outcome after their 99-78 loss to the Arizona State Sun Devils in their last contest. With 15 points and seven rebounds, UC Irvines Evan Leonard put together a good outing. Arizona State had a free throw rate of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.302). UC Irvine, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.5 vs. 24.0).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, UC Irvine figures to have a noteworthy advantage. Since last season, the Anteaters defense ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.441), while the Rider offense ranks 273rd in effective field goal percentage (0.486). This contest should be a battle of contrasting tempos. The fast-breaking Broncs rank 33rd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Anteaters rank 294th.
Rider Broncs vs. UC Irvine Anteaters ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UC Irvine, ATS Winner – UC Irvine, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Anteaters rank 195th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Broncs rank 298th (17.4).
- UC Irvine ranks 194th in assists per game (13.0) while Rider ranks 206th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- UC Irvine ranks 12th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Rider ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Anteaters rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Broncs rank 219th (4.0).
- Rider ranks 127th in steals per game (6.5) while UC Irvine ranks 260th (5.0).