The Rider Broncs (15-10, 9-6 MAAC) will be at the Hynes Athletics Center to clash against the Iona Gaels (9-13, 7-8 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Rider Broncs at Iona Gaels ATS Odds
In their last game, the Gaels lost a close one to the Siena Saints, 65-64, while the Broncs were victorious over the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 79-63.
The Broncs held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.403 (below their season average of 0.512) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.6 (below their season average of 28.2). Iona, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 18.6). Iona was lifted by Tajuan Agee, who had 19 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Dimencio Vaughn had a good outing for Rider, recording 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, E.J. Crawford led the Gaels to a 69-66 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. Iona’s 0.596 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Rider, who had a rate of 0.528.
Second-chance points might be few and far between for Iona in this battle. The Gaels rank 259th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while Rider ranks 33rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
Rider Broncs vs. Iona Gaels ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Under
- Iona ranks 87th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Rider ranks 282nd in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- The Gaels rank 77th in steals per game (7.2) while the Broncs rank 146th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Iona blocks 3.5 opponent shots per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. Rider ranks 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Broncs rank 51st in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Gaels rank 242nd (33.0).
- Rider ranks 124th in assists per game (13.4) while Iona ranks 229th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- During their last five games, the Broncs have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).
- The Gaels have outscored opponents by an average of 15.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Iona has been defeated by an average of 1.9 points.