The George Washington Colonials (2-1) will be at home in Charles E. Smith Center when they take on the Rider Broncs (2-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149.5 points with George Washington opening as a 7-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Rider Broncs at George Washington Colonials Free Preview
The Broncs dismantled the Hartford Hawks in their last game, 89-53. Stevie Jordan was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Rider played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 and a free throw rate of 0.365. Hartford was 8.2 and 0.207, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Colonials played, they defeated the Hampton Pirates, 65-57. With 14 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Patrick Steeves was George Washingtons high scorer. The Colonials had a better turnover percentage (8.4 vs. 11.2) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.467 vs. 0.407).
This game should be a showdown of conflicting tempos. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Rider has preferred an up-and-down style of play (26th in possessions per game), while George Washington has been slower-paced (310th in possessions per game).
Since last season, the Broncs are 20-16 straight up (SU) and 14-15 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Rider games have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (55.2 percent).
The Colonials are 21-15 SU since last season, but are just 12-20-1 ATS. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of George Washington games over that same stretch with 18 overs compared to 15 unders.
Rider Broncs at George Washington Colonials ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Broncs rank 122nd in assists per game (14.2) while the Colonials rank 236th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Rider averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 115th in the nation. George Washington ranks 225th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- George Washington ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Rider ranks 230th (22.6).
- The Colonials rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.7) while the Broncs rank 208th (36.3).
- George Washington ranks 80th in blocks per game (4.0) while Rider ranks 201st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).