The Delaware State Hornets will open their season on their home court when they take on the Rider Broncs (1-0) at Memorial Hall. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Rider Broncs vs. Delaware State Hornets Betting Odds
The Broncs beat the Coppin State Eagles in their last outing, 91-84. Dimencio Vaughn led Rider in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Rider played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.387 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5. For those same stats, Coppin State recorded marks of 0.243 and 22.4, respectively.
Delaware State did not make the tournament following a 5-24 regular season last season.
The Hornets, meanwhile, owned records of 5-24 SU and 1-2 ATS last season. Of the Hornets’ 2 games last year, 1 finished over the projected point total.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this meeting that features a pair of the country’s more fast-paced teams. Delaware State ranks 59th in possessions per game (71.9) and Rider was 26th (73.7) since the 2018-19 season.
Rider Broncs at Delaware State Hornets ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Rider ranks 77th in rebounds per game (37.4) while Delaware State ranks 310th in rebounds allowed per game (42.1).
- The Broncs average 9.0 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. The Hornets rank 209th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Rider ranks 153rd in blocks per game (3.2) while Delaware State ranks 245th (2.1).
- The Hornets average 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 60th in the country. The Broncs rank 276th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- Rider ranks 77th in assists per game (14.6) while Delaware State ranks 287th (10.7).