A six-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (14-11, 11-5 MAAC) when they clash with the Rider Broncs (15-11, 9-7 MAAC) at Yanitelli Center. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Rider Broncs at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Peacocks barely escaped the Manhattan Jaspers, 67-64, while the Broncs lost a close one to the Iona Gaels, 70-69.
Saint Peter’s played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5 (above their season average of 35.3) and a turnover percentage of 21.1 (worse than their season average of 20.6). Manhattan was 29.6 and 24.9, respectively, for those same stats. Rider, meanwhile, held Iona to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.8 (below their season average of 26.1). Saint Peter’s’ KC Ndefo had a good outing, contributing 11 points and eight rebounds. Rider, meanwhile, received a boost from Tyere Marshall, who finished with 22 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Dimencio Vaughn led the Broncs to a 70-66 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 15 points. Rider’s 0.400 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Saint Peter’s, who had a rate of 0.320.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Peacocks currently rank 14th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while Rider ranks 31st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Rider vs. Saint Peter’s Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- Saint Peter’s ranks 60th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Rider ranks 281st (26.3).
- The Broncs rank 118th in steals per game (6.6) while the Peacocks rank 213th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Rider ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Saint Peter’s ranks 73rd (37.6).
- The Peacocks rank 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Broncs rank 178th (2.4).
- Rider ranks 130th in assists per game (13.4) while Saint Peter’s ranks 265th (10.5).
- During their last five games, the Peacocks have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Broncs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 2.0 for the season.