The Fairfield Stags (11-17, 7-10 MAAC) close out their home schedule at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard against the Rider Broncs (16-12, 10-8 MAAC). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Rider Broncs at Fairfield Stags ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Stags lost a tough one against the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 60-58, while the Broncs defeated the Monmouth Hawks, 79-67.
Rider dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.481 (above their season average of 0.250) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (below their season average of 31.0). For those same stats, Monmouth had marks of 0.238 and 20.9, respectively. Fairfield, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 18.5). Fairfield received a boost from Jesus Cruz, who had 22 points. Tyere Marshall had a solid performance for Rider, putting up 21 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Vaughn led the Broncs to a 68-52 victory. He produced 15 points and seven rebounds. Rider’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Fairfield. The Broncs had a rate of 0.574 while the Stags posted a mark of 0.396.
Opposite paces will be on display in this battle. Rider has preferred to play fast (81st in possessions per game), while Fairfield has been slower-paced (341st in possessions per game).
Rider Broncs vs. Fairfield Stags Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Fairfield, O/U – Over
- Fairfield ranks 75th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Rider ranks 290th (26.3).
- The Broncs rank 133rd in assists per game (13.3) while the Stags rank 279th (8.9).
- Rider ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Fairfield ranks 184th (34.8).
- The Broncs have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Rider has defeated opponents by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Stags have scored an average of 55.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average).