The Richmond Spiders (13-4, 3-1 A10) will be at EagleBank Arena to meet the George Mason Patriots (12-5, 1-3 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game starts at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020, and will air on NBC Sports Network.
Richmond Spiders vs. George Mason Patriots ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Patriots were beaten by the George Washington Colonials, 73-67, while the Spiders beat the Davidson Wildcats, 70-64.
The Spiders held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.520) and had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 15.3). George Mason, on the other hand, held George Washington to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below the 31.8 mark opponents have averaged against George Mason this season). George Mason’s AJ Wilson played well, finishing with 18 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks. Richmond, meanwhile, received a boost from Jacob Gilyard, who had 16 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Patriots won 77-63. The Patriots’ 35.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Spiders, who had a rate of 24.3. This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
George Mason appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Patriots are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 69th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.1 percent. Meanwhile, Richmond ranks 257th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.3 percent. Also, the Spiders, who rank 319th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.175), could struggle to get to the line against the Patriots, who rank 41st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.167).
Richmond vs. George Mason Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – George Mason, ATS Winner – George Mason, O/U – Under
- Richmond ranks 31st in assists per game (15.8) while George Mason ranks 219th (11.2).
- The Spiders average 23.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Patriots rank 172nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Patriots rank 14th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Spiders rank 155th (2.5).
- George Mason averages 37.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 82nd in the country. Richmond ranks 215th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- The Patriots have been outscored by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. On the season, George Mason has defeated opponents by an average of 2.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Spiders have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.7 above their season average).