The Richmond Spiders (12-4, 2-1 A10) will be at Belk Arena to take on the Davidson Wildcats (7-8, 1-2 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Richmond Spiders at Davidson Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Wildcats were victorious over the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 89-83, while the Spiders were beaten by the Saint Louis Billikens, 74-58.
Davidson played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.429 (above their season average of 0.169) and a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 15.2). For those same stats, Saint Joseph’s had marks of 0.262 and 17.8, respectively. Richmond, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.431 vs. 0.527). Jon Axel Gudmundsson had a good outing for Davidson, finishing with 30 points and 10 rebounds. Nick Sherod played a pivotal role for Richmond with 17 points and five rebounds.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, Davidson won 73-69. One of Davidson’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 17-21 (81.0 percent), while the Spiders were just 8-10 (80.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Richmond may struggle to create turnovers. Davidson ranks 28th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Richmond forces the 164th-most turnovers (20.1 percent).
Richmond vs. Davidson Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- Richmond ranks 36th in assists per game (15.8) while Davidson ranks 171st (12.6).
- The Wildcats rank 19th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Spiders rank 63rd (5.9).
- Davidson ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Richmond ranks 70th (3.1).
- The Wildcats rank 59th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while the Spiders rank 186th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Richmond ranks 211th in rebounds per game (33.9) while Davidson ranks 260th (31.7).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Davidson has defeated opponents by an average of 2.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Spiders have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average).