The Richmond Spiders (20-7, 10-4 A10) will be at the Charles E. Smith Center to meet the George Washington Colonials (12-15, 6-8 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Richmond Spiders at George Washington Colonials ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Colonials fell to the La Salle Explorers, 72-62, while the Spiders were defeated by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 75-71.
Richmond had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 15.2) while George Washington held La Salle to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.0 (below their season average of 29.8). Armel Potter fueled George Washington with 19 points. Meanwhile, Richmond was led by Blake Francis, who put up 23 points.
In their first matchup this season, Nick Sherod led the Spiders to a 76-54 victory. He recorded 15 points and five rebounds. The Spiders’ 5.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Colonials, who had a mark of 24.7.
The offense of George Washington (248th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 99.6) will face off against the stingy defense of Richmond (89th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 96.4). The Spiders figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. The Spiders should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 18th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.8 percent). Conversely, the Colonials force the 17th-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.1 percent).
Richmond Spiders vs. George Washington Colonials Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – George Washington, O/U – Under
- George Washington ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while Richmond ranks 216th (23.3).
- The Colonials rank 46th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Spiders rank 174th (2.6).
- Richmond ranks 227th in rebounds per game (33.6) while George Washington ranks 231st (33.5).
- The Spiders rank 28th in assists per game (15.2) while the Colonials rank 196th (12.1).
- Richmond ranks 28th in steals per game (8.2) while George Washington ranks 191st (5.5).
- During their last five games, the Spiders have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.8 points per game (10.0 below their season average).
- The Colonials’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 2.7 for the season.