The Ole Miss Rebels (3-1) and the Rice Owls (1-3) clash in the MGM Resorts Main Event Heavyweight at T-Mobile Arena. Ole Miss opened as a 17.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 159.5 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Rice Owls vs. Ole Miss Rebels Free Preview
The Owls lost big to the UNLV Runnin Rebels in their last game, 95-68. Rices A.J. Lapray had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. UNLV did a great job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). Rice, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 23.5).
In the Rebels last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Utah Runnin Utes, 83-74. Deandre Burnett led Ole Miss in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Utah did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (20-24; 83.3 percent). Ole Miss, on the other hand, forced the Runnin Utes into a turnover percentage of 19.6 (above their season average of 16.3).
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features two of the NCAAs more up-and-down teams. Ole Miss ranks 49th in possessions per game (72.7) and Rice is 19th (74.2) dating back to last season.
Since last season, the Owls have had records of 23-14 straight up (SU) and 14-16 against the spread (ATS). Rice games have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (60.0 percent).
On the other hand, the Rebels, are 23-14 SU and 22-17-1 ATS since last season. Games featuring Ole Miss have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same time frame (55.0 percent).
Rice Owls vs. Ole Miss Rebels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Owls rank 152nd in assists per game (13.7) while the Rebels rank 281st in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Rice ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Ole Miss ranks 155th (3.5).
- Rice averages 24.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. Ole Miss ranks 289th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Rebels average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 257th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Rice ranks 67th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Ole Miss ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).