An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (12-4, 3-1 CUSA) when they square off with the Rice Owls (9-8, 1-3 CUSA) at Thomas Assembly Center. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Rice Owls vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bulldogs edged the UTEP Miners 64-61, while the Owls defeated the FIU Panthers 92-78.
The Owls had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 17.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.632 (above their season average of 0.501). The Bulldogs, on the other hand, forced 17 turnovers and held the Miners to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 25.9). Louisiana Tech was led by Mubarak Muhammed, who finished with eight points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Drew Peterson played a key role for Rice with 13 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
The Owls won the lone contest between these two teams last season, 78-66. Rice out-rebounded Louisiana Tech. The Owls had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. 5), defensive rebounds (32 vs. 27) and total rebounds (45 vs. 32). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Louisiana Tech could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 38th in offensive efficiency, while Rice ranks 259th in defensive efficiency.
Rice Owls at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Over
- Louisiana Tech averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 72nd in the country. Rice ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Bulldogs average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. The Owls rank 110th in assists allowed per game (12.2).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Rice ranks 82nd (3.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Owls rank 115th (6.6).
- Louisiana Tech averages 24.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. Rice ranks 158th in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average).