The Rice Owls (2-1) will travel to Prather Coliseum to meet the Northwestern State Demons (1-1). The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Rice Owls at Northwestern State Demons Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Demons fell to the Texas A&M Aggies, 77-63, while the Owls easily got past the Wayland Baptist Pioneers, 65-40.
Rice dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.097 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5. Wayland Baptist was 0.016 and 23.4, respectively, for those same stats. Northwestern State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.8 vs. 29.6). Nikos Chougkaz played a key role for Northwestern State with 12 points and seven rebounds. Rice was led by Trey Murphy III, who recorded 16 points and six rebounds.
The Owls won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 102-74. The Owls’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Demons. Rice had a rate of 32.5, while Northwestern State posted a mark of 22.7.
Northwestern State may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this showdown. The Demons rank 224th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.222, while Rice ranks 85th in FTA rate allowed (0.204) dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Rice Owls vs. Northwestern State Demons ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rice, ATS Winner – Rice, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Rice averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 38th in the country. Northwestern State ranks 304th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- The Owls rank 177th in assists per game (13.1) while the Demons rank 273rd (11.3).
- Northwestern State ranks 150th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while Rice ranks 238th (24.1).
- The Demons rank 50th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Owls rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Rice ranks 173rd in steals allowed per game (6.4) while Northwestern State ranks 272nd (7.8).