The Rice Owls (3-2) will travel to the Marriott Center to meet the BYU Cougars (4-1). The game gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
Rice Owls at BYU Cougars ATS Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Cougars defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs 91-60, while the Owls beat the Northwestern State Demons 102-74.
Rice played a perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 20.3) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Northwestern State had marks of 22.7 and 0.145, respectively. The Cougars, meanwhile, made 17 of their 23 free throws (73.9 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 5.0 (better than their season average of 12.5). BYU rallied around Yoeli Childs, who put up 18 points and 12 rebounds. Quentin Millora-Brown, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Rice with 21 points and eight rebounds.
BYU could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Since last season, BYU ranks 38th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while Rice has forced the 73rd-fewest turnovers (17.2 percent). Also, the Owls rank 313th in offensive efficiency (99.0), while the Cougars rank 38th in defensive efficiency (98.0).
Rice Owls at BYU Cougars Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Byu, ATS Winner – Rice, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- BYU ranks 53rd in assists per game (15.5) while Rice ranks 305th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Cougars rank 87th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Owls rank 259th (2.3).
- BYU ranks 100th in steals allowed per game (5.8) while Rice ranks 240th (7.1).
- The Owls rank 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Cougars rank 269th (19.3).
- BYU ranks 52nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while Rice ranks 261st (37.1).