Expect a fast-paced game when the Rhode Island Rams (10-5, 2-1 A10) visit Saint Joseph’s to take on the Hawks (3-13, 0-4 A10). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Rhode Island Rams vs. Saint Joseph’s Hawks Betting Odds
In their last game, the Hawks were beaten by the Davidson Wildcats, 89-83, while the Rams defeated the VCU Rams, 65-56.
Rhode Island knocked down 19 of their 22 free throws (86.4 percent) and held VCU to an effective field goal percentage of 0.358 (below their season average of 0.505). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.447). Ryan Daly played well for Saint Joseph’s with 28 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Rhode Island rallied around Jeff Dowtin, who recorded 21 points and seven rebounds.
The Rams won the only game between these two teams last year, 86-85. Rhode Island had a better turnover percentage (6.0 vs. 7.6). Saint Joseph’s, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 15.4). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this matchup that showcases two of the nation’s more up-and-down teams. Saint Joseph’s currently ranks 49th in possessions per game (73.0) and Rhode Island is 30th (74.0).
Rhode Island Rams vs. Saint Joseph’s Hawks Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Over
- Saint Joseph’s ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while Rhode Island ranks 256th (18.0).
- The Rams rank 73rd in blocks per game (3.9) while the Hawks rank 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Rhode Island averages 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 157th in the nation. Saint Joseph’s ranks 171st in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Rams average 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 268th in rebounds allowed per game (40.7).
- Rhode Island ranks 27th in steals per game (8.8) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 209th (5.1).
- The Rams’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).