The Davidson Wildcats (13-12, 7-6 A10) and their outstanding offense host the Rhode Island Rams (19-6, 11-2 A10) and their superb defense. Action gets underway at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Rhode Island Rams at Davidson Wildcats Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Wildcats lost a close one to the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 73-72, while the Rams had no trouble getting past the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, 73-55.
Rhode Island played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.0 (worse than their season average of 14.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 31.2). Saint Joseph’s was 22.7 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats. Davidson, on the other hand, held Saint Joseph’s to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 27.9). Davidson’s Kellan Grady had a solid performance, finishing with 20 points. Meanwhile, Jeff Dowtin played a pivotal role for Rhode Island with 14 points, eight assists and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Fatts Russell led the Rams to a 69-58 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 26 points. Rhode Island did a terrific job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). Davidson, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 16.0).
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Davidson (41st in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 109.6) takes on the elite defense of Rhode Island (35th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 93.4). This game should be a matchup of contrasting styles. The quick-paced Rams rank 55th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Wildcats rank 301st.
Rhode Island vs. Davidson Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Over
- Davidson ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Rhode Island ranks 274th (17.6).
- The Wildcats average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 78th in the nation. The Rams rank 141st in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Rhode Island ranks 54th in blocks per game (4.0) while Davidson ranks 59th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- The Rams rank 28th in rebounds per game (39.4) while the Wildcats rank 231st (33.6).
- Rhode Island ranks 17th in steals per game (8.7) while Davidson ranks 184th (5.6).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (2.0 below their season average).