The Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) will be at home in Value City Arena when they meet the Radford Highlanders (1-0). Action starts at 2:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Radford Highlanders at Ohio State Buckeyes Odds Preview
In the Highlanders’ last matchup, they defeated the Georgia Southwestern Hurricanes, 72-63. With 12 points and 11 rebounds, Ed Polite Jr. had a solid game for Radford. Radford played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.172 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.5. For those same stats, Georgia Southwestern was 0.077 and 26.7, respectively.
The Buckeyes come in on a high note after blowing out the Robert Morris Colonials in their last contest, 95-64. Ohio State rallied around Keita Bates-Diop, who led the team in scoring with 19 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Ohio State played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 55.2 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.634. Robert Morris was 20.5 and 0.431, respectively, for those same stats.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Ohio State should have a significant advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Buckeyes offense ranks 94th in that metric at 0.526, while the Radford defense ranks 200th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506). Moreover, the Highlanders rank 331st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.195), while the Buckeyes rank 28th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.193).
Radford Highlanders vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buckeyes average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. The Highlanders rank 172nd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Radford averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. Ohio State ranks 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Radford ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Ohio State ranks 288th (24.4).
- The Buckeyes rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Highlanders rank 240th (6.9).
- Ohio State ranks 153rd in assists per game (13.6) while Radford ranks 242nd (12.2).