The Maryland Terrapins (9-3) welcome the Radford Highlanders (7-5) to Xfinity Center. The Terrapins will attempt to lengthen their six-game winning streak. The game can be seen on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Radford Highlanders vs. Maryland Terrapins Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Terrapins were victorious over the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 73-67, while the Highlanders had no trouble getting past the Davis & Elkins Senators 91-57.
Radford dominated every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.678 and a free throw rate of 0.186. Davis & Elkins had marks of 0.410 and 0.115, respectively, for those same stats. The Terrapins, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.339 vs. 0.138) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.5 vs. 25.6). Maryland received a boost from Jalen Smith, who had 19 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Ed Polite Jr. had a solid performance for Radford, putting up 18 points and 12 rebounds.
Anthony Cowan Jr. has been outstanding recently for Maryland, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Maryland currently ranks 280th in possessions per game (68.1) and Radford is 289th (67.8). Furthermore, the Highlanders rank 339th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.160), while the Terrapins rank 42nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.183).
Radford Highlanders vs. Maryland Terrapins Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
- Maryland ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (40.3) while Radford ranks 167th (35.2).
- The Terrapins rank 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Highlanders rank 69th (11.9).
- Maryland ranks 161st in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while Radford ranks 166th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Highlanders rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Terrapins rank 144th (7.7).
- Maryland ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.6) while Radford ranks 90th (3.3).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terrapins have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (0.6 above their season average).