The Elon Phoenix (3-3) will be at home in Alumni Gym when they challenge the Radford Highlanders (2-1). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Radford Highlanders vs. Elon Phoenix Free Preview
The Highlanders defeated the East Carolina Pirates in their last matchup, 73-66. Ed Polite Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Radford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.434 and a turnover percentage of 13.9. For those same stats, East Carolina recorded marks of 0.276 and 19.3, respectively.
In the Phoenixs last game, they were defeated by the Milwaukee Panthers, 72-71. Dainan Swoope was Elons high scorer with 20 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Milwaukee had a turnover percentage of 6.2 (better than their season average of 18.2). Elon, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.179).
Elon could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Elon ranks 51st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while Radford has forced the 19th-fewest turnovers (15.9 percent). Additionally, the Highlanders, who rank 321st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.202), will face off against the Phoenix, who rank fourth in opponents FTA rate (0.168).
The Highlanders won the only contest against the Phoenix last season, 68-56. The Highlanders played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.302 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.491. The Phoenix were 0.043 and 0.384, respectively, for those same stats.
Radford Highlanders at Elon Phoenix ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders rank 123rd in blocks per game (3.6) while the Phoenix rank 251st (2.4).
- Elon ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.0) while Radford ranks 226th (6.8).
- Radford ranks 55th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Elon ranks 311th (25.7).
- The Highlanders rank 65th in rebounds per game (38.0) while the Phoenix rank 267th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Elon ranks 98th in assists per game (14.5) while Radford ranks 240th (12.2).