The Radford Highlanders (1-1) and the East Carolina Pirates (1-0), who both like to play slow, will square off at Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Radford Highlanders at East Carolina Pirates Free Preview
The Highlanders lost to the Ohio State Buckeyes in their last game, 82-72. Radfords Carlik Jones had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Ohio State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.0 vs. 21.6). Radford, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.493).
In the Pirates last matchup, they blew out the Coppin State Eagles, 76-50. East Carolina received a boost from Kentrell Barkley, who put up 14 points and seven rebounds. East Carolina played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 and a free throw rate of 0.345. For those same stats, Coppin State had marks of 17.8 and 0.228, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. East Carolina ranks 305th in possessions per game (66.4) and Radford is 314th (66.0) since last season. Furthermore, the Highlanders rank 290th in offensive efficiency (99.5), while the Pirates rank 44th in defensive efficiency (97.5).
Radford Highlanders vs. East Carolina Pirates Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates rank 243rd in steals per game (5.0) while the Highlanders rank 258th (4.8).
- Radford ranks 245th in assists per game (12.1) while East Carolina ranks 249th (12.0).
- Radford averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 56th in the NCAA. East Carolina ranks 245th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Pirates rank 19th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Highlanders rank 183rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Radford averages 22.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. East Carolina ranks 148th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9).