The Longwood Lancers (6-24, 3-14 BigSou) and Radford Highlanders (18-12, 11-6 BigSou) will face off at Willett Hall to finish out the regular season. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Radford Highlanders at Longwood Lancers Betting Preview
In the Highlanders last outing, they beat the Liberty Flames, 63-50. Ed Polite Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Radford dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 35.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.501). For those same stats, Liberty was 14.3 and 0.477, respectively.
The Lancers are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-56 loss to the High Point Panthers in their last game. Damarion Geter led Longwood in scoring with 12 points on 5-for-6 shooting. High Point had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.512). Longwood, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 23.1).
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Radford in this meeting. The Highlanders rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Longwood ranks 287th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.7 percent).
Geter has been superb over the last five games for Longwood, averaging 10.8 points, 7.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Highlanders won 70-63. The Highlanders dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.327. For those same stats, the Lancers put up marks of 20.7 and 0.229, respectively. Carlik Jones scored a game-high 18 points.
Radford Highlanders at Longwood Lancers Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
- The Highlanders average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. The Lancers rank 205th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Radford ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Longwood ranks 252nd (37.6).
- The Highlanders rank 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Lancers rank 254th (24.9).
- Radford ranks 36th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Longwood ranks 134th (13.3).
- The Lancers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 11.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.6 points per game (6.5 below their season average).